26.3.05

BLAHHHHHH.

wrote this last night, but couldn't save so here you have it-- leftovers


Still in hospital... *sigh* There's been some recent beaureaucratic upheaval that has had a number of the "old" (translated: good) nurses to greener pastures, but in general things are holding together and haven't been too terrible.

I'm almost at two weeks here. Not at all what was planned. If surgery (#2 for this admission) on Monday goes okay, I hope to be the hell out of here (not just hospital, city too) by the end of the week.

One thing that is concerning me slightly (more annoying, really)..... is my EEG. They did the regular 45-min test, and had a neurologist come talk to me for a few minutes while I was all wired up. Nicest neurologist in the world, and seems pretty damn smart in addition to being humane, kind, etc. (other than the fact that he now seems to be blowing me off...)

The day after first EEG, the same bubbly tech knocks at my door, tells me I've got to move to a room that has video surveillance so they can watch me while doing a 24-hr EEG.
All the tech could tell me was that Dr. H had seen something 'abnormal' in the initial test and wanted to gather more data.

More than 24 hours passed, and my neurosurgeon finally came in to ask if they could do a spinal tap and see if lowering my intracranial pressure changed the EEG. Of course I said yes, mostly because the tap would temporarily relieve my miserable headache... He still couldn't tell me what seemed wrong with the EEG.

Up to speed now, basically... After 3 days, the wires came off and I still knew nothing. I mentioned to the tech that I still didn't have any idea and she plastered on a huge fake grin, saying through her teeth that she was sure I'd see Dr. H soon.

.... All of that took place last week, and I was told yesterday that Dr. H would come see me in the afternoon. He never came.

One of the neurosurg residents, upon questioning, said that they know nothing beyond the fact that the results were abnormal... !#&**&$(*@

I am so sick of being here.. But if I weren't, my pain would be worse than it is now (which is pretty damn bad, I'd be dehydrated, vomiting, etc.


Whine, whine, whine. OWwwww. I figure since it's my blog I can bitch and moan, though that didn't start out as my intent.

I'll probably "recycle" a few of my earlier, more science-y posts.

Ugh I tried to add on a bit for todAY- sooo much pain and loudnes, my clumsiness.. there's jst no way. brain-fingertip payhways seem to be blocked off indefnitely.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

Awwwwwwww CRUD!

I wish I knew what to tell you to demand answers, but I've never been very good at that myself.

I hope they get you answers soon!!!

Are you going to be up to getting out of that town at the same time as getting out of the hospital? I wish you had more access to on line in the hospital, at least blogging would help the time go by!!

You're missed in the blogging world, at least by me, and I'm sure Dr. Charles too. Maybe we should sick him on the hospital to get the answers! He could send some of his aggressive blue jays to get the answers for you ;)

Praying for you, checking on your blog every day to see if you're back with us!

Hope things even out soon! This is sooo unfair!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Keith, RN said...

As a nurse, I've enjoyed reading your blog and am so sorry that you've been in the hospital. I hope for a speedy recovery for you.

I have posted a link to your blog on my own (www.digitaldoorway.blogspot.com).
Hope you are home and feeling better soon. Many blessings....

9:37 PM  
Blogger Dr. Charles said...

glad you're okay - may you be free soon!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Dr. Charles said...

hey there - just a question - did you get "the story" in the email yet? I understand if you don't have the time for silliness, just let me know. talk to you soon, charles

4:02 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Hey girl. It's Monday, April 4, just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Wondering how things were going and really hoping you're out of that horrible place!!!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Internal Medicine Doctor said...

I hope you fell better and that everything went well. I know I'm probable a little late here but it never hurts right?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

psst ... update please

((((((Bronwyn))))))

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home