17.12.04

homunculus




Little man, sequestered in the greymatter sprawl –
Droopknuckled ape, opressor unwitting.

I am his prisoner,
mouthpiece, muse. His numbness
clasps tight the strings of my
Feeling –

His blindness wills my gaze – Silence
tugs at my tongue. I am governed deftly in his paralysis.

Yet, should I fall at last to calm –

Peel back the layers and, with great care,
open his glistening ivory chamber.

I have been his prisoner,
he the mute unquestionable habitant
Within, poised atop hills I could not mount –
Now fugitive, defeated tyrant in a desolate country.


stupid blogger won't render the line and word spacing quite the way i want it.. i am notoriously picky about that, but it's 1:30 in the morning and i've still got far too much to do. (definition of blog: procrastination enhancer)

3 Comments:

Blogger Internal Medicine Doctor said...

I have to say I am impressed by your writing. way to go.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Internal Medicine Doctor said...

your blog is going to be featured in my parody this week. The parody is done for this week and will be posted this thursday, it will include your blog and one other.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Dr. Charles said...

awesome! I love poetry and this piece is wonderful. i can't figure out spacing at all - if you do, let me know how!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home